Friday, January 13, 2017

Alfredo Chicken Boat


   

I had been waiting to try this recipe. It came out so good, you can fix this for dinner in 30 minutes and it will be gone in 3 minutes :-) . My kiddos & my husband praised me for every bite they took...so its a rewarding recipe too. We just finished having this for diner, trust me I haven't even done the dishes, I walked straight to the computer to write down the recipe before I forget.




So this is how I made it....

What you need to get started :


Chicken breast - 2 large
French bread - 1
Garlic powder
Oninon - 1 medium
Cream Cheese - 8 oz
Milk - 3/4 cup
Mozzarella cheese - 1 cup ( you can be generous if you want to, depends on ur heart ;) )
 butter - 2 tablespoons
Salt
Pepper
Parsley  -  to garnish


1)Cut the center portion out of the bread, like how you see in the pic. This portion that you cut out , you can eat it with the left over Alfredo sauce later.



2) Cook the chicken breast with salt and pepper, with 1-2 cups of water.Do not over cook it, it will become rubbery.

3) Once its ready, cut it into bite size pieces, not shredding, cut it into cubes.

4) In a pan, add a little ( 1-2 tablespoon ) butter, when it melts, add the chopped onion, when it becomes translucent, add garlic powder, the cream cheese cut into small cubes and let it melt, add the chicken stock to this so that the cream cheese won't get burnt.

5) The above, starts getting creamy, now add 1 cup of milk to this.And let the sauce get thick. Switch off.



6) Pour the above sauce into the boat. Top it with some mozzarella, and bake till cheese melts at 350 degree F. Garnish with some parsley.



7) You wouldn't have used all the sauce for the boat if you stuck to my measurements. So now you can enjoy the portion of the bread that you cut off in the beginning with this remaining sauce..






Next day morning, go for a good walk and burn 500 calories !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment