Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Rigatoni with meatballs

Instead of the usual white sauce recipe, I just came up this recipe this morning when I ran out of lunch box ideas for my big K . I didn't make the usual white sauce because I did not have cream cheese at home. So with the heavy whipping cream in the fridge staring at me, I decided to make something simple with whatever ingredients I had and it came out good. Well Kiddos loved it and that makes me a happy mom ☺. 


Ingredients :

Rigatoni -  1 box
Heavy whipping cream - 1/2 cup
Pamersan - grated, 1/4 cup
Salt
Dry Basil leaves
Meatballs - 12 no.s





Ok so this is what I did....

1)Cooked rigatoni pasta with salt and drained.
2) To the hot pasta, added a tablespoon of butter and heavy cream 1/2 cup, added a 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan
3) Added cooked meatballs to the pasta. Gave a quick mix to coat the meatballs in the instant white sauce
4) Add some dried basil leaves.

Lunch ready for kiddos in 10 minutes. Happy children Happy Mom !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment