Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Fish Pickle

This was a life saver while we were in hostel. Even after marriage, my darling amma she used to bring me truckloads of it, when she came to visit me. I was going through some old pics in the computer and came across this one, I was missing my amma so much when I saw all these bottles of pickles she got me during one of her visits.




I was trying hard to look at the bottles and see what the pickles were, I know there was definitely fish pickle, beef pickle, ambazhanga pickle, kanni maanga pickle, kadugu maanga pickle, unnakkiya maanga achar, fresh home made ghee, samanthi podi, hmmm..... I love my amma... 


Okay, so here is the fish pickle I made last week. I love to have some made and kept in the fridge so incase, you get lazy, tired or sick to cook, there is some life saver in the fridge ....








I couldn't decide which one to post here, so I have posted them all...



How to make it. Its very simple. All you need is some patience with the ginger and garlic.

Take Loads of ginger and garlic. Depends on how much you want. Take equal portions of both and grind half it and chop the other half. Have lots of curry leaves handy.

Use only sesame oil.

Cut the fish into small pieces. Marinate it with chili powder, salt, turmeric, pepper powder and fenugreek powder.

Fry the fish and keep aside.

Heat sesame oil , add mustard seeds, let it splutter, add the chopped ginger and garlic, curry leaves and sauté well.

Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till oil clears.
Add Chilli powder and salt and sauté.
Add Vinegar, according to your taste.

Add the fried fish, check salt and switch off. If you think the pickle needs more vinegar , heat some in a pan , let it cool and then add to the pickle. Add oil well to let it last longer without getting spoiled.


Enjoy this pickle with rice, rotis ...






1 comment:

  1. I saw a comment here a few weeks ago about Dr. Agbazara and I decided to contact him as instructed, thanks to this man for bringing joy to me as wished for. I followed instructions which he gave in order to get my lover back who left me and the kids for 3years now, but thanks to Dr. Agbazara because they are back to me now for good and we are happy together. Please do contact him for help too if in a relationship problem via email at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) OR Via WhatsApp on: ( +2348104102662 ). And testify for yourself.

    ReplyDelete