Sunday, April 17, 2016

Kesari

Kesari !!! I love anything sweet ! I finished most of it by myself. Luckily my husband doesn't have a sweet tooth and my kiddos don't care much for anything sweet other than cakes and chocolates. So, that made it just me and kesari ...



This is one of the most simplest indian sweets to make. you cannot go wrong.


Rava ( Sooji) -  1 cup
Milk  - 3 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Melted Ghee  - 2 table spoon
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Saffrom  -3-4 strands
Cashew nuts/Almonds - 10 ( if its cashew nuts add them whole and fry in ghee, if its almonds, grate them and add)
Raisins - 10



  1. Heat Ghee in a skillet. Fry the cashew nuts, raisins and move aside. In the same pan. Fry the rava, keep stirring, till its slowly starts getting crispy.
  2. In a deep pan, boil the milk, add the sugar and saffron.
  3. As it starts to boil, add the rava slowly into it, siring very well.
  4. Switch off.
  5. Add the Cashews, raisins . I added almond shavings and raisins. Don't compromise on the ghee as it is the ghee that gives it a real good taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment