Thursday, April 7, 2016

Maanga Pachadi ( Mango Pachadi)


If you like Pachidi, raise your hands ! I raise both my hands. I love all kinds of pachadi. Let me list a few here....
Carrot Pachadi
Beetroot Pachadi
Vendekka Pachadi
Pavekka Pachadi
Thakkali Pachadi
Pineapple Pachadi.... anything else? I can't remember any more....

I was trying this for the first time last weekend. I absolutely loved it. I had some frozen mango slices and wanted to make something with it. When I called my amma, she told me about this pachidi. Tried it and it was simply superb !!!




Boil mango slices with a little water, 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger, green chillies ( sliced round) and salt. ( We don't need too much water else our pachadi will be too runny . Keep some boiled water ready, so incase if you need some more water to cook the mangoes well, you can keep adding a little .

Then once its cooked. Switch off and keep aside.

Give a quick stir to the thick curd and keep aside. Add salt.

Add the cooled mango mixture into this curd and give a quick stir.
In a Kadai, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, then add curry leaves, 2-3 dry red chilies, shallots 203 sliced round and sauté. Add a pinch of asafetida .

When its cooled add this to the pachadi . Add a teaspoon of mustard powder to this pachadi .

Your mango Pachadi is ready !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment