Monday, March 21, 2016

Gulab Jamun

Hmmm.... Any Gulab Jamun fans out there ?  I made around 50 last weekend for some guests who were coming home for dinner. I would have eaten 49 !!! that was an exaggeration but I am sure I would have eaten at least 25 of them, nailing my coffin !!! I even texted a friend of mine asking her if she knew of ways to stop this continual process of eating these very yummy Gulab Jamuns. Anyways, there is nothing much to write here about how to make Gulab Jammun. I just followed packet instructions and made these very awesome Gulab Jammuns.


Few things to keep in mind if you have never made one before. While preparing the sugar syrup, let it reduce to a consistency where when you try to pour it from a ladle it kind of looks like a sticky long string  and to the syrup add cardamon and few saffron strands. Next thing, making balls don't make too large ones, when you fry it it gets bigger and when it is soaked in the sugar syrup it gets even bigger. !!!

Sit back enjoy those yummy Gulab Jamuns. When you are done and you are full of guilt, get up and eat some more till the Gulab Jamuns are done. After all this, if you are still alive, put on your running shoes and run a 5k !!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment