Monday, March 14, 2016

Pavekka Thoren (Bitter gourd )

Pavekkkkkkaaaaa..... yummm !!! Is my all time favorite !!!

STOP !!! Proceed only if you are a pavekka lover like me !!!

No big deal about making a pavekka thoren. Then, why am I posting this here. Just because I like looking at Pavekka in any form -- even just pics ;) .  I cannot explain any further :-)







Hmmm.... look at those beauties... I was wondering whether to make a thoren or a mezhukkuvaratty or a pachadi or a theeyal with this. No one else in my house eats this, no --I am not sad about it, because I get to have it all by myself. Okay, so finally I decided to make a thoren and a mezhukkuvaratty.

Here's how we do the thoren...

Pavekka   2-3 nos
Onion      1 medium ( chopped )
Coconut shredded  - 1/2 cup
Green Chillies - 2-3 ( cut into halves and slit them)
Jeera seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Urad Dhal - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil  - 2-3 table spoons
Curry leaves


Chop the pavekka, small. 
Give a quick grind to the shredded coconut and jeera seeds in the food processor.
Heat oil in a skillet
Add the mustards seeds. Let it splutter. Add the Urad Dhal, sauté 
Add Onions and curry leaves. Give it a quick sauté .
Add the chopped pavekka. Add salt. Cover and cook in low flame. You don't have to add any water.
When its almost done. Add the coconut, jeera .
Close and cook for another 5 -7 minutes. Check salt.
Switch off flame and start enjoying it .... !!!!

P.S. We do not add turmeric for Pavekka thoren. Why ? I do not know. Thats just the law ! Better to follow the law ;)

Some pics for further entertainment :-)


Before adding the coconut, jeera 
 After adding coconut coconut jeera

 Hmmm.....


Happiness, Delight, Joy, satisfaction.... all in one plate :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment